The best gaming glasses might not seem like a high-priority for gamers, but most know this is the best way to take gaming to a whole, new level. May believe that having the best controller, seat, or gaming console are the most important things to think about, but you can’t forget glasses. These types of glasses are just as important as prescription glasses are for people with eye issues.
If you are ready to start blowing away the competition, this is one of the best ways to do it. The hardcore of gamers who are ultra-competitive, play in quick and long marathons, will see greater results with phenomenal gaming glasses. In this buying guide review, we have chosen the top 10 gaming glasses in today’s day and age. These glasses offer protection against bad lighting and will filter your vision to offer you the greatest chance for success.
Related Post: Best Motorcycle Glasses
Our Top 10 Picks: At A Glance
- Top 10 Best Gaming Glasses Review:
- 1. HyperX Gaming Eyewear
- 2. Blue Blocking Amber Glasses for Sleep
- 3. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Sheadog, Clear Tint
- 4. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Intercept, Amber Tint
- 5. GAMEKING Ultra Lightweight Blue Light Blocking Clip
- 6. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
- 7. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Sheadog Amber Tint
- 8. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Vertex Amber Tint
- 9. Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses-UV Digital Eyestrain
- 10. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Vyper Amber Tint
- Things To Consider When Buying Gaming Glasses
- Benefits of Gaming Glasses
- The Physiological Effects of Blue Light
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Gaming Glasses
Top 10 Best Gaming Glasses Review:
1. HyperX Gaming Eyewear
This gaming eyewear from HyperX is a great place to get started. Gamer glasses, like these, are great for protecting you from harmful blue light and ultraviolet (UV) rays. Blue light is measured out at 400 to 450 nanometers (nm), but the majority of blue light will stay away from your eyes because of glasses like these. Another cool thing is that if you have prescriptions, then you can get them added to your gaming frames.
You will not only look smart while playing, but you will perform better with these glasses. The lenses are made from MR-8 material that will not distort the color you see. Also, oil, dust, and water will be no match against these lenses because they are easy to clean without any smudging.
The style permeating from these glasses make them versatile enough for you to wear out in public. With every purchase, the HyperX eyewear comes with a hardshell case, so you can take them anywhere you go. These gaming glasses are also super lightweight. Weighing less than 1 pound, these are some of the best smart glasses on the market.
- Glasses accommodate larger heads
- No headaches while wearing these glasses
- Very comfort option
- Great value for your money
- Eye strain is nonexistent with these options
- Super quality frames that are not made of plastic
2. Blue Blocking Amber Glasses for Sleep
These amazing blue-blocking glasses are very sleek, but also imperative for any gamer’s eyes. The design of these best computer gaming glasses is one of the best around. The clear lenses show a bright color without scaring your eyes. With no dark tint needed, the orange color does not need polarization either. You will no even notice they are on.
The sporting frames are made of thermoplastic frames, making these options super flexible and some of the lightest glasses around. Light will not get around your lenses, and you will see better than before.
With the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval, these glasses are tested to block the most harmful of UV rays. It also amazingly blocks light up to 99.82%. Disruptive wavelengths can be a nuisance to your eyeballs, but these glasses will protect you from pain. Because of the amazing attributes from these glasses, you will also receive a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with these glasses, then you can return them for your money back.
- Glasses weigh just over 1 ounce
- You will be able to sleep better at night when using these through the day
- Very comfortable options
- Sleek enough to wear around town
- Sturdy construction holds up even when you drop the frames
3. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Sheadog, Clear Tint
One of the first things you should prioritize when buying glasses is protecting your eyes. With the high levels of blue light that come from electronic devices, your eyes can be hindered over time. Devices like tablets, smartphones, and computers can be some of our best friends, but they can scar you for life if you are not careful. The risk of damaging your eyes could lead to cataracts, disorders during sleep, retina issues, and macular degeneration to name a few things.
The GUNNAR glasses will bock up to 15% of blue light coming your way. This will help you in the short and long-term. If you are looking to sleep better, the blocked blue light will help with this. Many do not know that circadian rhythms can be impacted by negative blue light. In turn, you will not receive as restful a sleep as you need. Using these glasses day-to-day will make a huge impact.
By reducing eyestrain, you will not have headaches, eye fatigue, and dry eye issues because of the anti-reflective coated lenses. As you put on these FDA approved glasses, you will notice how comfortable they are and you will be protected in the same breath. This will truly make you happier during the day because of the choice you made to buy great gaming glasses.
- Has a lens width of 56 millimeters (mm)
- Bridge width is 18 mm
- Temple length is 130 mm
- Glasses only weigh 5 ounces
- A slight magnification comes standard
4. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Intercept, Amber Tint
GUNNAR specifically makes gaming glasses to help protect its users’ eyes. Enhancing its performance when gaming is also important for the company as well. While reducing eyestrain and blocking blue light, these amber-tinted glasses give you great style as well. Statistics prove that 70% of adults experience eyestrain daily, and that is where these glasses can help.
These patented lenses are recommended by trained professionals to help your vision when using any type of digital screen. The best glasses for gaming can be few and far between, but GUNNAR sets a high bar for all other companies. When using these glasses, you will be protected from headaches, dry eyes, glare, blurry vision, and other negative effects. Fatigue can also be fixed with these options.
Additionally, you will be able to sleep better when using these frames throughout the day. This will help the natural sleep cycle that you desperately need to change when having a lot of screen time. Circadian rhythms that are renewed will make you feel refreshed when you wake up in the morning, after a great night of sleep.
- Comes with a lens coating to keep visual distractions away
- Hard coat on the frames makes them indestructible
- Made of a polycarbonate material
- Lens width measures at 58 mm
- Nose measurement comes out to 17 mm
5. GAMEKING Ultra Lightweight Blue Light Blocking Clip
If you are looking for some of the best clip-on gaming glasses, you have come to the right place with GAMEKING. One of the first things to know about this product is the fact that it fights UV rays and blue light with no problem. The amber lenses take away 60% of blue lighting and even more when the wavelength goes from 400 to 440 nm. Additionally, these glasses allow in 56% of beneficial light. It truly is an amazing contrast to what these alternatives can do.
You will not have to worry about glare or eye strain any more with these best cheap gaming glasses. Enhanced depth perception will be something for you to enjoy, while gaming on your device. With fewer distractions all around you, you will see the benefit of these glasses from day one.
As a lighter and thinner option, you can slip these glasses in your pocket and go about your day. You can even add prescription glasses to place in the frames if you need extra enhancement. The FDA regulates this product, so you can be sure to feel protected when using these glasses every day.
- Tested against fog, scratches, and oils
- Includes a Lifetime Breakage Warranty
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee is connected with your purchase
- The package comes with glasses, a cleaning cloth, and hard case
- Shipping box is 100% recyclable
6. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
Looking for the ultimate protection from your gaming glasses? The J+S Company should not be overlooked. When protecting your eyes, these glasses do an amazing job pushing away negative blue lighting. Over time, blue light can leave your eyes sore, and even lead to macular degeneration, which is hard to recover from. No need to worry about these amazing options.
Your productivity will be improved with these choices, too. Fatigue and stress will be no more, as blue light is filtered away. This way, you can focus on what is most important: gaming. 90% of blue is reflected away, and it has a low distortion of the color at ~52%, and even better with HD lenses at ~62%.
If you are searching for the perfect balance of quality and protection, you have come to the right place with this brand. The frames are also very trendy, with a class, rectangular design. The comfort level is unparalleled as well, with spring-loaded temples for any size head. This brand is truly the real deal for gamers who need glasses that will breed success.
- Glasses will help you sleep better
- No more headaches or eyestrain
- Eyes will stay healthy year after year
- No adjustment time needed with these glasses
- Overall width is 138 mm
- The tint is a light yellow color
- Weighs less than 4 ounces
7. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Sheadog Amber Tint
Finding the gaming glasses best buy may be a challenge in the 21stCentury, but do not be dismayed. GUNNAR has got your covered with a sensation choice to consider. Start by noticing the Mercury and 598 Navy color schemes. They are both designed amazingly but will protect you when you need it most.
The blue light will be no match with these GUNNAR glasses on your head. There will be no need to risk retina issues down the road. No UV rays will enter these lenses and the only the harmful blue light will be dismissed. If you are looking to sleep better, use these glasses during the day, so at night you can sleep in peace.
With the comfortable protection you receive from these glasses, trust these FDA approved glasses to get you where you need to go in the gaming world. Made of lightweight materials, these glasses have an added magnification for you to see better than you ever thought possible. The steel frame construction will not break, even if you drop them from the heights.
- Patented design give you glasses that you can trust in
- Lens coating is scratch-resistant
- Design limits any unnecessary air currents
- Fits medium to small heads
- A warranty for 1-year is included with these glasses
- Lenses measure out at 56 mm
8. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Vertex Amber Tint
Another best gaming headset for glasses wearers is from the popular brand you have already heard about: GUNNAR. For a better performance in the gaming world, trust these glasses that detract harmful blue light with the amazing amber tinting. With patented technology, GUNNAR prides itself in making a great quality product. When viewing digital screens, your eyes will not be hindered by distractions that can rear their ugly heads.
Symptoms like dry eyes, blurry vision, and fatigue will be no existent when wearing these glasses. In the same way that sunblock has a Sun Protection Factor (SPF), these glasses have a Blue Light Protection Factor (BLPF) that will not let you down. Also, if you are having trouble sleeping, give these glasses a try. Your circadian rhythms, during sleep, will stay consistent and you will wake up ready to take on the world’s challenges.
Since close to ¾ of adults deal with eyestrain, these glasses can help in this department. Made of anti-scratch material, your glasses will look good for a long time moving forward. You will see the value of these glasses right away.
- Made of polycarbonate materials
- Perfect for head sizes of medium and small
- Weigh just over 1 ounce
- Come in the color of black
- 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase
9. Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses-UV Digital Eyestrain
The best gaming glasses must look good, but keep your eyes safe as well. Well, you get both with this next product made by Gammas Ray Optics. The construction is made from strong plastic for both the lenses and frames. This TR90 nylon make-up is very flexible and durable even on the longest of days. These non-polarized options have a lens width of 53 mm that fits on any head.
With every purchase, you will receive a pair of glasses with amber tinting. No blue light will cause eyestrain, no matter what digital screen you are on. Any fatigue that your experience will be gone with these great frames.
400 UV protection comes standard with these glasses, which are perfect to fight glare and work with fluorescent lighting. When working 19-inches or more away from a digital screen, you will see the benefit from these glasses. If you are still not sold with this product, trust their 90-day money-back guarantee. Not completely satisfied? Return them for a full refund, giving you peace of mind.
- Shields you against headaches at any time of the day
- Frames average measurement is 32 mm
- You will be able to beat the deal
- Includes a cleaning cloth to keep your glasses looking stellar
- Perfect if you spend hours in front of a computer screen
10. GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear/Vyper Amber Tint
The best buy GUNNAR gaming glasses maybe this next selection. Protection to your eyes is a must with any glasses, so expect great things from this product. Any blue light will never reach your eye causing damage such as sleep disorders, macular degeneration, and much more. UV rays stand no chance against these glasses either.
After using this product, 96% of its customers said that their eyes strain was reduced, and 100% of users said they could easily view their game. Not bad for a product that will not cost you an arm and a leg.
These patented glasses have focusing power up to a 0.20 magnification, which will help see the gaming world even better. Comfort is also a priority for GUNNAR. By being FDA approved, know that these glasses are trusted and certificated by this countries highest product administration.
Imagine your life with rested eyes, and go get to buying this product, which has proven that 79% of its users are more productive when using these glasses. Statistics go a long way to prove effectiveness, and this product has high passing grades.
- Frame width measures out at 131 mm
- Weighs less than 1 ounce
- Adapts to any face
- Made of carbon steel for sturdiness
- Many will notice a slight magnification
- Prescription lenses can be added to these frames
Things To Consider When Buying Gaming Glasses
The best glasses for gaming are truly a sight to behold, but there are some things you should sort through before buying. The main options to ponder include framing material, filtering, the color of lenses, and how comfortable they are to name a few. Check out these categories with your best interests in mind.
1. Framing Material
Choosing the material your frames are made out of is an important attribute. Generally speaking, the best buy gaming glasses do not cost as much as prescription lenses are sunglasses. This has a lot to do with the material that gaming frames are made out of. Additionally, gaming options are a lot more flexible, and will not break as easily. Some of the materials include plastic-based materials, acetate, polycarbonate, and steel.
Without a sizing chart for the gaming glasses, some people are unsure if it will fit their heads. No need to worry because these types of glasses will fit any human head to perfection. Now, that we have covered frames and sizing, let us go on to the importance of filtering.
Filtering out blue light and UV rays is an absolute must. Buying any other type of gamer glasses would be a travesty at best. Blocking out this kind of light should be one of the main reasons you are reading this at all. Of course, blue light is bad for your eyes, but not all of it is bad.
Glasses for gaming know what light to block and what light for your eyes to keep. This way, you can have the best gaming experience on the planet, while still having unequaled protection. Now, it is time to check out lens colors that you can choose.
3. Color of Lenses
Most people might not notice this at first, but tints make a huge difference for any gamer. Because blue light is filtered from some of the best gaming headsets with glasses, many brands have a few different tints for you to choose. These gray-based tints are the standard on the market today. Having an amber tint is very popular as well. It helps enhance the sharpness of what you are seeing with any graphic while keeping the bad light out of your way for good.
If you wear your glasses for a long time, you are going to need some best-rated gaming glasses that you can wear day after day. Comfort should never be an overlooked category for anything that you wear. Companies like GUNNAR and Gamma-Ray are some of the best when designing a comfortable product. With added nose and ear guards, and the overall shape, your frames will be comfortable and flexible enough to keep you wearing your beloved pair.
5. Length of Warranty
Having a warranty is a great thing to have if your best computer gaming glasses company has one. Some warranties can last for a month up to 1-year. The cost of the glasses will certainly go up the longer warranty you have, but you should only be charged $20-$40 more for the glasses. Decide how long you will wear these glasses, on a day-to-day basis, and if you are prone to dropping and breaking items.
If you feel comfortable with not protecting your glasses, you may want to consider a cheaper alternative for you. However, if you are accident-prone, pay the money. It will be well worth your time and money if they break, or you are not a fan of the style you chose.
Having a budget is important when deciding what options are best for you and your lifestyle. Gaming glasses can cost anywhere from under $100 up to hundreds of dollars, so there is a big gap between what you could get. Different protections, colors, rim styles, warranties, lenses, and extras can spike up the price. So, it truly depends on what you are looking for.
Have your top 3 important features handy when you come into the buying process. This way, you will find success no matter which product you decide to go with. Now that we have talked about the buying process, let’s talk about how these best gaming glasses will benefit you in the gaming world.
Benefits of Gaming Glasses
There are an endless amount of gaming glasses benefits, but today we are going to talk about some of the people that reap the best results from best buy gaming glasses. Gamers are not the only people who prosper because of this technology.
Graphic Designers use these types of glasses to help increase visibility when working on websites and logs. The contrast of colors stays the same, no matter if it is the morning or late in the evening. Video Editors also find this technology useful. Gaming glasses help with visual performance when editing and giving a lot of attention to detail.
Did you know you could use these glasses if you are going to the beach? Many might just think to get some sunglasses, but since these glasses block UV rays, they are good for beach life, too. The coating from the lenses makes them as effective as the traditional shading options you have used in the past.
If you work in an office space, buying some of the best cheap gaming glasses could impact you in a mighty way. Sitting non-stop looking at a computer for 8+ hours a day is not healthy for the traditional human eye. But, with great glasses made for the gaming world, you will be able to stay on task longer, while not feeling a hint of discomfort.
At the end of the day, any person can find value from these kinds of glasses. They are functional enough to wear them around town. Also, you may get some serious compliments about your glasses. Then, you will be able to tell them they are gamer glasses. This will surprise a lot of people, but you will get to speak your truth about the product and what it has done for you. Looking cool and staying protected should be some of the main benefits of these types of glasses.
You do not know what you are missing, but if your eyes start to have some serious problems as you age, you will think back and wish you bought glasses to protect one of the most valuable functions of your body: sight. Do not miss out on this opportunity to keep your body in tip-top shape.
The Physiological Effects of Blue Light
Blue light has been discussed ad nauseam in this article, but it important to understand the facts about what is good and bad about this lighting. At its very basic levels, the blue light comes from light-emitting diodes (LEDs). This illuminates televisions (TVs), tablets, etc. in commercial and industrial settings. While most may think they see the light as white, what the human eye is seeing is blue light.
The emission range of blue lighting is 400 to 490 nm, and overtime, this lighting can cause some physiologic functions that scientists are just now scratching the surface of. But, at the same time, when used properly, this same light can help with circadian and sleep issues amazingly.
By being a force for good and bad, let’s discuss things that are most pressing about blue light. At its worst, blue light does damage to your photoreceptors, dulling the colors that you see over time. Knowing what the spectral output of your LED devices should be priority one when you pick a computer, smartphone, etc. This way, you can tell if you need some of the best gaming headsets with glasses options.
One of the reasons understand blue light is in its infancy is because lighting has gone through a revolution of sorts in the last 20 years. Because it is so new and it has happened so fast, scientific research has not been able to keep up. The main upgrades have been seen in LED technology, as well as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs). From these two lighting states, LEDs have risen to the top, backlighting computers, tablets, TVs, etc.
Much testing has been done on mice, as well as elderly humans, to see how they handle blue light. One study suggested that if old individuals wore some of the top-rated gaming glasses the world has to offer, they would be able to sleep better at night compared to individuals who do not wear reflective blue light glasses.
When too much blue light is received into the human eye, the human retina starts to break down, due to this exposure. This light-induced damage comes in three different forms: photomechanical, photo-thermal, and photochemical. All of these forms can cause sight problems, but one of the most common is photochemical damage.
As photochemical damage occurs, it is because of quick, short bursts of light that affect the retina. As this damage occurs, the human body will never be able to recover. The individual will spend the rest of their life maintaining their eyes from the damage that has already been done.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Gaming Glasses
It is hard to get to all the FAQs in this review buying guide, but we will hit the top ones to help you navigate through the world of the gaming glasses. This way, you can enjoy the process, and not get stressed out down the road. Let’s hop in!
Q-1: At its basic form, what are gaming glasses?
- Gaming glasses were created first and foremost to help people ward off vision problems. Eyestrain and fatigue are things that become worse if an individual is exposed to blue light. By reflecting this harsh light, you will stay comfortable the longer your work.
- Additionally, you will be able to focus on the task at hand, getting it done in record time. Whether it means helping your team in the gaming world or working in the office, the best gaming headset for glasses wearers can be purchased and shipped in no time.
- As you know, the world of gaming does not go for half an hour. You can be playing a match for hours, so protecting your eyes with these types of glasses is a must. Gaming is a way to relax and block out the world for a time. Do not let the ill-effects of gaming get you down. Get these glasses today!
Q-2: Do gaming glasses work?
- There is a stigma out there that gaming glasses are just a hoax, a way for people to make money. This could not be further than the truth. The lenses of the gaming glasses are worth every penny. Not only should the pair be comfortable, but their functionality should be fabulous as well. With different colorations and hues of color, different lighting sources give off different coloring effects.
- Since blue light can impede the process, gaming lenses reflect the bad lighting away, while still giving you the brightest of intensity when it comes to colors you need to see. Your games will look like high-definition (HD) when choosing a gaming glasses best buy. You will see the blue light reflect off your lenses as well, which sounds crazy but is one of the many benefits.
Q-3: Will I improve in the game I play with these glasses?
- Based on skill alone, these glasses will not make you a better player, just like buying Jordan’s will not make you a better basketball player. But, if you have had a problem with eye-straining, you will notice how much better you will be able to focus on the best-rated gaming glasses.
- Having a great tinted lens will make the screen less fuzzy and sharpen the pigments of color you do see. Now, the amber tinting may bother you as you play in the beginning, but you will adapt very quickly. This way, your eyes will not strain, giving you a competitive advantage in this way.
Q-4: Do I need gaming glasses?
- If you have 20/20 vision, you may be asking this question. But, the real question should be about your vision. If you want to keep your vision the way it is, then gaming glasses are for you. Traditionally, research says that 9 out of 10 individuals need gaming glasses to help them on their way.
- Players who game once or twice per week for only 2-3 hours each may not need gaming glasses. But, if you play any more than that, having these types of glasses is a must. Especially if you play late into the evening, gaming glasses help fight against darkness and the light coming from your gaming screen.
Q-5: What is the best gaming glasses brand?
- This question depends on what you are looking for. The best buy GUNNAR gaming glasses are a good place to start because they have the most options around in the gaming world. But, some brands only make one type, but that type could fit exactly what you need. Just make sure to write down what you need in gaming glasses, and then you can find the best brand for you.
Q-6: If I already wear glasses, can I place gaming glasses over the top?
- Some companies make glasses to fit over another pair. However, what you will see is gaming glasses are made to be the only pair you wear. Still, if you wear prescriptions, a lot of gaming brands can place prescriptions in its frames.
At the end of the day, you know yourself and how much you spend in the gaming world. So, do your homework and decide what would be best for the gaming life you live. This way, your eyes will stay tried and true, no matter if you are gaming or not. Happy trails find the right gaming glasses.