As a motorcycle rider, you know that safety should always be a priority when riding. After purchasing your bike, there are a lot of things to consider such as helmets, gloves, and glasses, among other accessories. In this article, we take a look at the best motorcycle glasses that will keep your eyes protected on the road at all times.
Choosing the right eyewear is important to ensure that it has all the relevant features for protecting you on the road. This article will assist you in making an informed choice so that your motorcycle glasses go beyond mere aesthetics.
We will help you choose a pair that has all the necessary functions that will protect you against harsh sunlight, debris, wind, rain, bugs, and anything else nature decides to throw your way.
Our Top 10 Picks: At A Glance
In addition to the handy buying guide and FAQ section, we have even included a review list of the 10 most popular motorcycle sunglasses you will find on the market today.
- Top 10 Best Motorcycle Glasses Review:
- 1. WYND Blocker Sunglasses
- 2. Classic Photochromic Glasses
- 3. Motorcycle Padded Sunglasses
- 4. Aully Park Motorcycle Glasses
- 5. Bertoni Motorcycle Goggles Padded Sunglasses
- 6. Fox Racing Motorcycle Goggles
- 7. Women’s Motorcycle Glasses
- 8. Red Baron Motorcycle Goggles
- 9. Pacific Coast Riding Goggles
- 10. Birdz Eagle Padded Motorcycle Goggles
- More Motorcycle Glasses Products
- 11. WYND Motorcycle Sunglasses
- 12. BatFox Motorcycle Goggles
- 13. Belinous Safety Polarized Glasses
- 14. Owl Riding Glasses
- 15. TourDePro Motorcycle Sunglasses
- 16. Motorcycle Polarized Glasses
- 17. JamieWin Adult Motocross Goggles
- Things To Consider When Buying Motorcycle Glasses
- Benefits of Motorcycle Glasses
- Types of Motorcycle Glasses
- Maintenance Tips for Motorcycle Glasses
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Glasses
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Glasses Review:
1. WYND Blocker Sunglasses
These glasses from WYND brand are undoubtedly the best motorcycle riding glasses that you will find on the market today. This design brings a stunning versatility to the eyewear industry. The glasses feature an extremely lightweight, rubberized frame that actually floats on water.
This means that in addition to riding, you can also use these polarized glasses for fishing and water sports and if you happen to drop them in the water, you don’t have to worry about losing them. You will be able to easily retrieve them and get on with your activity.
They have rubberized earpieces that help to maintain a stable but comfortable grip on your head. The glasses also have wind-resistant eyeliner that helps to shield your eyes during those high-speed rides or any high-energy activities.
Available in a wide range of stunning colors, including black, white, blue, red, and orange, these plastic frames are extremely tough and durable. The polarized lenses block 100% of harmful UV rays. They also eliminate reflected glare and scattered lights.
- TAC polarized lens blocks 100% of the sun’s UV rays
- The rubberized frame floats in water
- Specially designed earpieces help to maintain stability
- The lightweight design is ideal for riding, boating, and water sports
- The glasses come with a handy storage case included
2. Classic Photochromic Glasses
These are the first true classic photochromatic motorcycle sunglasses you’ll find anywhere. With these glasses, you don’t have to change out your favorite glasses when the sun goes down. Made from a classic frame with photochromic lenses, the sunglasses automatically tint when exposed to bright sunlight but when night comes, they go clear so you can continue riding without having to stop.
These military drop-tested glasses have heavy-duty hinges and polycarbonate frames that offer great performance and ensure long-lasting use. Designed with a universal fit, the glasses are ideal for all face shapes and sizes.
Just keep in mind that they are not compatible with vehicle windshields and other UV filters. They are specifically made to be worn outside. Because of their versatility and durability, you can use these glasses for so much more than just riding your motorcycle. They are perfect for other outdoor activities like golfing, fishing, hiking, climbing, and much much more.
- Top-quality polycarbonate frame for added durability
- Designed for a universal fit and enhanced comfort
- Photochromic lenses automatically adjust to UV exposure
- High-grade metal hinges for long-lasting use
- Ideal for a variety of outdoor activities
3. Motorcycle Padded Sunglasses
These padded motorcycle glasses are designed to help protect your eyes during daytime, evening and night riding. The package contains two pairs, one with clear lenses to protect your eyes when you’re riding in darker conditions, and another with smoke lenses that will keep your eyes from being damaged by the sun’s harmful rays during the day.
Made by a well-known brand, these sunglasses have features that avid riders will absolutely love. They are lightweight and have comfortable foam padding which makes them feel great on your face even during those long rides.
The shatterproof lenses offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays. They meet ANSI Z87.1 standards for safety and quality. In addition to all that, they are also very competitively priced. If you are searching for high-quality, affordable, and effective motorcycle riding glasses, then this is a pair that you seriously should consider.
- Durable, unbreakable black frames for long-lasting use
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses offer full eye protection
- Thick vented foam padding for a snug fit on any face shape
- Comfortable black nose pads keep glasses in place
- UV400 filter offers maximum protection from harmful rays
4. Aully Park Motorcycle Glasses
These glasses offer multiple protection features and they are safe and comfortable to wear. In addition to being lightweight, they have anti-splash properties as well. They are dustproof, waterproof, windproof, sand proof, and they will keep the UV rays out of your eyes at all times.
If you are searching for flexible and explosion-proof PC lenses, these ones will provide you with strong resistance as proven by the rigorous experiments conducted on them. The glasses are extremely comfortable to wear and non-slip nose and ear pads ensure that they will stay on your face no matter how rigorous your riding or sporting activity.
These versatile glasses can be worn when driving, climbing, fishing, golfing, or doing any other outdoor activities. The polycarbonate lens is scratch-resistant and the polarized motorcycle sunglasses come with a detachable strap for use during sport thing activities.
This particular set comes with four interchangeable tinted lenses of different colors. These include neutral gray, copper, clear MLC, and cadmium yellow. This ensures that you have protection in any kind of weather or light conditions.
- Polarized foam-padded riding sunglasses
- Set includes four interchangeable tinted lenses
- High-quality, durable unbreakable lens
- Includes glasses carrying bag and cleaning cloth
- Comes with a sports headband for versatile use
5. Bertoni Motorcycle Goggles Padded Sunglasses
Made in Italy, these sunglasses can be converted into motorcycle goggles quickly and easily thanks to the interchangeable strap and arms. These photochromic motorcycle padded sunglasses also have a removable clip for use with prescription lenses.
The frame is made from matte black anti-crash polycarbonate and the glasses have an adjustable nose pad which is soft but firm enough to provide a perfect fit for any face shape. These glasses also allow you to adjust the height and distance from your face in order to help enhance ventilation and prevent misting.
Thanks to the excellent grip, adjustable nose pads, and elastic strap, you can be sure that these sunglasses are going to stay put on your face no matter how rigorous your riding or sporting activity.
These high-quality glasses come from a very well-known brand, Bertoni in Italy, and they are offered at a surprisingly affordable price. For anyone who wants to merge safety and aesthetic appeal, these motorcycle sunglasses are the perfect addition to your riding gear.
- Anti-crash polycarbonate frame
- Adjustable nose pad for exceptional fit
- Sun sensor photochromic anti-fog lenses
- 100% protection from UVA and UVB rays
- Removable optical inserts allow use with prescription lenses
6. Fox Racing Motorcycle Goggles
These goggles defy the expectation of entry-level motorcycle racing goggles. They have an expansive viewport that offers unparalleled vision and triple-layer foam that has fleece liner which helps to ensure their comfort on your face.
The dependable Lexan lenses are high-quality and durable, giving you great value for your money. With these lenses, you get 100% UV protection for your eyes at all times. They also come with a strap mounted third tear-off post. The non-slip silicone strap ensures that your goggles will stay on your face no matter how bumpy your ride is.
According to a lot of online reviews from users, these goggles are extremely lightweight and they breathe extremely well. These no fogging and they don’t block your vision. They also have replaceable lenses available which make them ideal for all outdoor adventures in all kinds of weather and light conditions.
These goggles will work great with a helmet or without one, which makes them the best sunglasses for motorcycle riding whether you have a helmet or not. You’ll never again have to worry about dust and sand reducing your visibility when riding in the sands.
- Perfectly fits around your face or helmets
- Scratch-resistant lenses offer clear unimpeded visibility
- Triple-layer foam and fleece liner for added comfort
- Lexan lenses offer 100% UV protection for your eyes
- Non-slip silicone strap keeps goggles in place
7. Women’s Motorcycle Glasses
These motorcycle padded sunglasses for women come in a set of two. One has clear lenses while the other has smoke lenses. Made by a global vision brand, these Marylyn-3 riding sunglasses are high-quality, durable, and long-lasting.
They provide a great fit around the ears and will stay snug on your face to keep the wind, dust, debris, and sunlight out of your eyes. Thanks to their perfect fit, you never have to worry about your glasses blowing off no matter how fast you’re riding.
The glasses will certainly meet your riding needs and then some. They’re also extremely stylish in design, with rhinestones on the sides. This will serve to enhance your look while keeping you safe on the roads. Even on cold days, you will not get fogging thanks to the efficient ventilation of the foam.
If you are searching for motorcycle night riding glasses for women that are strong, effective, and affordable, then this product is one you definitely need to consider. The polycarbonate lenses are shatterproof and they have a scratch-resistant coating. They also have a UV400 filter which blocks out maximum harmful rays from the sun.
- Scratch-resistant coating for long-lasting use
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses
- Stylish black frames contain 42 rhinestones
- Vented EVA-foam padding for enhanced comfort
- Maximum UV protection from UV400 filter
8. Red Baron Motorcycle Goggles
These motorcycle goggles come in a set of two pairs, one with clear lenses and another with smoke lenses to give you maximum protection during daytime riding and nighttime riding. The goggles have a scratch-resistant coating and they are made with shatterproof polycarbonate lenses.
The goggles are adjustable which makes them extremely comfortable for anyone with a wide face. However, it’s important to note that they don’t fit over glasses. Also, they may fog over occasionally, but if you use anti-fog wipes, you will have no problem.
These goggles are high in quality and extremely functional. You can be sure that they will last for a long time to come. They are incredibly comfortable and they offer a large, clear field of view with the foam that filters out the unwanted wind.
This means that you’ll be comfortable during those long bumpy rides. If you are searching for the best motorcycle riding glasses at the lowest price, you can be sure that this product is an extremely strong contender for first place.
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses for durability
- UV400 filter helps provide maximum protection from the sun
- The scratch-resistant coating offers long-lasting use
- Venting on foam helps to prevent fogging
- Package includes two pairs for day and night riding
9. Pacific Coast Riding Goggles
These airfoil padded motorcycle riding goggles are designed to fit over your prescription glasses. They have a hundred percent UV protection and the polycarbonate lenses are extremely durable and scratch-resistant.
The glasses come in a package that includes a case and cleaning cloth. The band is adjustable to ensure a perfect fit for any face size and the goggles are designed to sit comfortably on your nose in order to provide the ultimate protection from sunlight, wind, water, dust, etc.
These glasses won’t fog and they offer clear vision at all times. You can use these versatile goggles for any type of outdoor adventure, including running, hiking, skiing, and so on. They work well in different types of weather conditions, such as salt spray, rain, hail, etc.
For anyone who’s searching for the best motorcycle goggles that will fit over your prescription glasses, this is a great pair to consider. According to a lot of online reviews from satisfied users, the goggles will work perfectly with a full helmet as well.
- 100% UV polycarbonate lens
- Goggles are designed to be worn over prescription glasses
- Includes carry case and cleaning cloth
- A paneled one-piece lens offers a wider field of vision
- Anti-fogging properties for optimum clarity
10. Birdz Eagle Padded Motorcycle Goggles
These motorcycle riding goggles from the Red Baron brand come in a set of two pairs. One has polarized smoke lenses and the other has clear ones. The smoke lenses are designed to offer the ultimate in protection during the day while the clear ones will keep your eyes safe from dust, wind, and debris, bugs, etc. during nighttime driving.
Made by Birdz Eyewear, these are high-quality glasses that are offered at an extremely affordable price. The padding on the eyes is thicker than most other brands and this helps to provide a snug fit while allowing ventilation to prevent fogging.
For day and nighttime riding comfort, these are the ideal goggles for your needs. They offer you protection for any type of weather condition with no need to change the lenses. The goggles are ideal for a variety of other outdoor activities in addition to motorcycle riding.
For instance, you can use them for skiing, hiking, climbing, fishing, and much much more. They will protect your eyes from harmful UVA and UVB rays, as well as wind, dust, and stinging rain. They are undoubtedly the best rated motorcycle glasses for anyone who wants maximum protection for their eyes.
- High-quality, shatterproof polycarbonate lenses
- UV400 filter offers maximum protection
- Scratch-resistant coating for long-lasting durability
- Foam designed to create a seal around the face
- The package comes with the Birdz carry bag and cleaning cloth
More Motorcycle Glasses Products
11. WYND Motorcycle Sunglasses
- TAC polarized lens offers 100% UV400 protection
- Removable water-resistant eyeliner for added comfort
- Includes back strap for converting glasses to goggles
- Versatile glasses ideal for use during running, fishing, skiing, etc.
- High-quality polycarbonate plastic frame
- The glasses come with a handy carry case
12. BatFox Motorcycle Goggles
- Anti-scratch and impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Multicolor lenses provide different VLT (visible light transmission)
- Designed to enhance contrast and cut glare in bright sunlight
- Comes with an adjustable strap to fit men and women
- Designed with a triple layer of fleece that wicks away sweat
- Ideal for bike riders, ATV, UTV, motocross, and other outdoor activities
13. Belinous Safety Polarized Glasses
- The set comes with four interchangeable lenses
- Dustproof, waterproof, and scratch-resistant
- UV400 filter for maximum eye protection from sun’s rays
- Made from durable, premium-quality materials
- Package includes an original gift box and portable case
- Comes with an 18-month hassle-free warranty for defects
14. Owl Riding Glasses
- High-quality, durable plastic frame for long-lasting use
- Non-polarized, high-grade polycarbonate lenses
- Package includes four pairs of glasses with different lenses
- Full-seal riding sunglasses offer maximum protection for your eyes
- Competitive pricing for a high-quality product by a trusted brand
- Versatile use glasses can also be used for other outdoor adventures
- Ideal for riding with an open-face helmet
15. TourDePro Motorcycle Sunglasses
- 400 UVA and UVB protection lenses block 99% of the radiation
- The lightweight and comfortable design offers a perfect fit
- Ideal for a variety of outdoor adventures including water sports and hiking
- True-color restoration technology reduces eyestrain and glare
- Glasses package includes carrying case and gift pack
- Comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame and lenses
16. Motorcycle Polarized Glasses
- Made with impact-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Designed with soft, sweat-proof foam for added comfort
- Indestructible frames made from polycarbonate with memory flex
- Ideal for medium to large size heads
- Comes with a free microfiber cleaning case
- Scratch-resistant polarized lenses are 32% thicker than average
17. JamieWin Adult Motocross Goggles
- Multiple function goggles with impact-resistant color PC lens
- Protects against wind, dirt, dust, rain, snow, and UV rays
- Ideal for a variety of outdoor activities, including ATV, UTV, BMX, etc.
- Comfortable fit for a variety of face sizes thanks to the breathable foam
- Non-slip elastic strap keeps goggles secured firmly on your face
- Lightweight and bendable to ensure ultimate comfort and fit
Things To Consider When Buying Motorcycle Glasses
There are a lot of features to consider when choosing the best motorcycle glasses for your needs. Listed below are the most important factors to take into account before making your decision on which pair will suit your needs best.
1. Safety Features
There is simply no point in buying a pair of good-looking sunglasses that will not protect your eyes against glare, debris, dust, and wind. That’s why safety features are the first thing that you need to consider before making your choice.
Your best bet is to choose motorcycle sunglasses that are made from polycarbonate lenses. Polycarbonate enhances the durability of your glasses and provides them with anti-scratch properties that will keep them performing at their best for a long time. The polycarbonate material also helps to protect your eyes against UV rays when it is coated with UV400 – which brings us to our next point.
2. UV Protection
You probably already know that exposing your eyes to UV for a prolonged period of time could result in some serious damage to your eyesight. This will obviously affect your motorcycle riding performance. That’s why it’s important for you to consider the level of UV protection that your motorcycle glasses or gaming glasses offer so that your eyes stay protected from longwave UVA and shortwave UVB rays.
3. Polarized Lenses/Mirror Lenses
With polarized lenses, you get protection against glare. However, polarized lenses should never be confused with UV protection. Your eyes will be safe from excess light thanks to the crystal series integration in the lenses that inhibits excess light transmission. Keep in mind that polarized lenses are not good for riding at night since they may block the necessary light needed for nighttime riding.
On the other hand, mirror lenses have no effect on the way you perceive color and they sharpen your vision while keeping your eyes protected from harmful UV rays. With these lenses, it sometimes feels as though you’re wearing clear lenses since you don’t see any difference in your vision while wearing these types of glasses.
4. ANSI-Approved Eyewear
The American National Standards Institute has certain guidelines with regard to the safety of eyewear. Make sure that the motorcycle glasses that you choose are ANSI Z87.1- approved. This means that they have undergone rigorous, intensive tests for safety and quality.
Glasses with such certifications will be great not only for your riding but also for various sporting activities as well as for use in chemistry laboratories.
5. Fog Resistance
Some lenses have an anti-fog coating applied to them to help keep them free of fog. Some products have a coating on one side while others have a double coating on both sides of the lens. This helps to improve optical clarity when riding in unfavorable conditions.
A double coating is beneficial, particularly in extreme temperatures. It is important to note, however, that anti-fog can be challenging to use with other coatings which is why a lot of brands opt for better wraparound frame designs in lieu of anti-fog treatments.
6. Wind Protection
This is yet another major concern when choosing the right motorcycle glasses. Whenever you ride at high speeds, wind, dust, and debris can get into your eyes and possibly cause you to lose focus on the road. That’s why you need to choose glasses with foam padding by the eyecups that will protect you against the wind.
The design of your eyewear also plays a big part when it comes to wind protection. For instance, a wraparound frame will obviously shield your eyes better from the wind than other designs. Just as important is the type of foam used as padding since ventilation helps to reduce moisture and heat on your lenses.
7. Water Resistance
This is a feature that many people don’t always take into account when choosing the right motorcycle glasses for their needs. If you have a full-face helmet that has a shield then you’re obviously sorted, but for those with open-face helmets, you need this feature.
Some motorcycle glasses come with a hydrophobic coating that is great for repelling water when it rains. This is a feature that is well worth considering because you never know when you might be riding in the rain.
Benefits of Motorcycle Glasses
There are a lot of benefits that come with wearing the right type of motorcycle glasses. While donning these glasses isn’t a legal requirement, they are still a vital safety equipment component that offers a diverse range of benefits.
Protects Eyes from the Sun
The best motorcycle glasses also function as a means of filtering out potentially harmful rays (UVA and UVB) from the sun. In addition to making your ride a lot more comfortable, this type of protection also helps to reduce the risk of incurring conditions such as corneal sunburn and cataracts.
Protects Eyes from the Wind
At very high speeds, the wind can inflict a surprisingly high level of damage to your eyes. The wind can dry out your eyes very quickly, a condition that is not only very uncomfortable for you but also increases your risk of developing eye infections or blurred vision over time.
Protects from Dust and Debris
A good quality pair of sunglasses that fits well will keep your eyes safe from dust and other flying debris which can be flicked your way by other cars or the tires of your own bike. Things such as dust, clods of dirt, or small stones can easily scratch your cornea resulting in infection or long-term damage to your vision. Your motorcycle glasses will protect you from all that and more.
Protects from Weather
Some weather conditions can wreak havoc on your field of vision, such as stinging rain, snow, hail, etc. When water or snow particles hit your eyes at high speeds, it seriously compromises your safety on the road. That’s why a pair of motorcycle glasses are necessary to help combat this effectively.
Types of Motorcycle Glasses
When it comes to choosing the right motorcycle glasses for your needs, in addition to considering the factors listed above, it’s also important for you to know the different types of glasses that are available for you to choose from. Listed below are the various styles and descriptions of each that will help you decide on the right one to suit the type of riding you will be doing.
- Dirt Bike Glasses
As suggested by the name, these type of glasses is designed for those who take part in off-road riding. They are extremely tough and come with a durable seal against dust and other debris.
- Over Glasses Goggles
These types of motorcycle glasses are designed to fit over your own prescription lenses. This makes them slightly more accommodating to ensure your comfort and safety.
- Street Bike Motorcycle glasses
These types of motorcycle glasses are designed for use on the highway and around town. They tend to be focused more on style and are therefore a bit less bulky than the other styles.
Maintenance Tips for Motorcycle Glasses
When it comes to maintaining your motorcycle glasses, there is a lot that you can do to ensure that they stay looking and performing their best for a long time to come.
With regards to cleaning, make sure you give your lenses regular cleaning with just soap, a soft cloth, and warm water. Try not to use glass cleaners, such as ammonia-based Windex since these can cause your lenses to become brittle.
Also, clean the foam on your glasses in the same way to avoid corrosion caused by sweat over time. Always coat your lenses with an anti-static spray before using them if you want to keep the dust from accumulating on them. Doing this will also help to prevent streaks whenever you clean your motorcycle glasses.
Another tip for the proper care of your goggles is to store them safely when they are not in use. Always have a designated case for your riding glasses. This will help to prevent you from misplacing them and will also minimize their contact with dust and sunlight, thereby extending their life.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Glasses
Q-1: What Is the Best Lens Color?
- There isn’t one color that is necessarily better than the others. The color you choose is going to depend a lot on your riding settings. For instance, yellow is a commonly used color in the industry but it becomes a bad choice for anyone riding in the night.
- If you’re going to be riding during the dark, a clear lens would better serve your needs while that same lens would be less effective in bright sunlight. A gray lens might minimize distortions better while presenting a true color.
Q-2: Can I Get Prescription Motorcycle Sunglasses?
- It is possible to get prescription sunglasses for riding your motorcycle. They offer the benefit of maintaining your visual acuity while blocking out the harmful rays of the sun all in one convenient package. You’ll find some high-quality, affordable options on our review list that will help you stay safe on the roads while affording your eyes the protection they need.
Q-3: Can I Wear a Helmet and Goggles at the Same Time?
- This depends on the type of helmet that you have. With some helmets, it’s possible to wear your goggles and the helmet together. However, other helmets have built-in visors which means that although they may be compatible with slimmer sunglass designs, they won’t be suitable to wear if you have bulkier goggles.
- Just keep in mind that many types of motorcycles goggles are designed to be worn outside of your helmet.
Q-4: What’s the Best Way to Keep My Motorcycle Sunglasses from Fogging up?
- Fogging is quite a common problem, particularly during wintertime. Luckily, there are a lot of things you can do to reduce the chances of this happening. First, you can try using an anti-fog wipe which contains a combination of chemicals that prevents water droplets from condensing on your glasses surface.
- Also, ensure that your glasses have proper ventilation as this leads to less fogging. For improved circulation, make sure your glasses sit away from your face a little.
Q-5: Which Brand Makes the Best Motorcycle Sunglasses?
- There are a lot of popular brands that make sunglasses for motorcycle riding. The one that you choose is going to depend a lot on the features that are important to you. For instance, some brands are designed with the wraparound style which gives a tight fit around the eyes in order to seal out wind, water, dust, etc.
- Others have polarized lenses that help to reduce glare, and yet other brands have mirror coating to reduce the bright sunlight entering your eyes.
- As you can see, each brand has its own style and features that are unique to it. Use the buying guide and our list of the 10 most popular options on the market to help you make a decision as to which one is the right one for your needs.
As you can see, when it comes to choosing the right motorcycle glasses for your riding needs, there are different styles, designs, and prices to suit everyone.
Once you’ve decided on the type of glasses you need, as well as the factors listed in our buying guide, you will be able to select a pair that will suit your individual preferences from our list of the 10 best motorcycle glasses that are available out there.